Wound Care RN - Nexus Specialty Hospital - Shenandoah, TX
Coordinates treatment to provide comprehensive wound assessments and plan of care including goals, implementation of treatment, evaluation and outcomes for patients throughout the organization. Provides patient, family and staff education regarding wound management, prevention of pressure ulcers, support surfaces, dressing selections and other therapies. Is a resource person for physicians, wound team and clinical staff.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Assesses and reassesses patients per established policies and procedures to identify progress and trends that require intervention or reporting to the Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Develops effective treatment plans based on existing, evidence-based protocols.
- Communicates with Director of Wound Care, physicians and other treatment team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
- Assists Licensed Independent Practitioners during wound debridement’s and/or graft applications.
- Assists with sterilization of surgical instruments via autoclave.
- Performs wound debridement within both skill level and scope of practice.
- Initiates measures to prevent and treat patient’s wound/skin issues (i.e. Specialty mattress, positioning/turning schedule, recommendations for referrals, etc.).
- Assists with staff education in regard to skin integrity and/or wound management: Prevention, assessment and treatment.
- Serves as a resource for hospital staff specific to management of patient’s skin/wound issues.
- Preforms patient/caregiver education and documents accordingly.
- Participates in necessary meetings, conferences, etc.
- Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines by end of shift.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Enhances professional growth by attending seminars or further educational opportunities.
- Performs above duties/responsibilities in both the inpatient setting and outpatient clinic setting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Preferred minimum of at least two (2) years experience in rehabilitation and/or assisted living setting.
Apply Here »
- Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Certified in CPR
- Attend a preventative management of aggressive behavior class within 90 days of hire and maintain annually.