Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
The Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor is responsible for providing Vocational Services at Nexus Neurorecovery Center.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that services rendered are appropriate and adequate to the population being served.
- Incorporates current and pertinent research findings into procedural and program development.
- Assists with program evaluations through the collection and utilization of data.
- Assists with contract negotiations between facility and community businesses, funding sources and other entities related to vocational program operations.
- Continues competence development in areas of program services, management and leadership.
- Develops department quality assurance plan in accordance with the facility’s Program Evaluation policies.
- Maintains a working knowledge of community resources to assist in meeting present and future needs of vocational programs and services.
- Ensures program schedules are followed.
- Provides annual education to residents regarding safety precautions and procedures while in the Vocational
- Services area.
- Provides direction to staff regarding management of difficult clients/cases.
- Assists with development and management of the department budget.
- Assists with departmental purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- Assists with monitoring billing procedures for vocational services.
- Knowledgeable of and ensures staff is knowledgeable of licensing standards and regulations.
- Reviews all specific program policies and procedures annually and as needed to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and ensures staff knowledge of individual residents’ histories, current progress and personal issues or difficulties.
- Ensures appropriate documentation for program residents according to facility policies and procedures.
- Serves as resident advocate to ensure that the individual needs of each resident are being provided.
- Attends treatment team rounds and provides resident information as needed to the treatment team.
- Demonstrates ability to work effective with members of the management team.
- Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic attitude as an ardent supporter of the facility.
- Meets all deadlines to ensure compliance with administrative requests.
- Utilizes referral information, standardized tests, and situational assessments to evaluate interest, skills and abilities of clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Master’s Degree preferably in Vocational Rehabilitation or Guidance and Counseling area.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in rehabilitation
- Required experience in vocational testing, job placement, and vocational training
- CRC and/or CVE preferred
- Preferably prior experience in assisted living home, with patients with brain injury
Apply Here »
- Must be certified in CPR, PMAB, and First Aid
- Must always be knowledgeable of and practice Infection Control and Universal Precautions.
- Must obtain current tuberculosis test within the first fourteen (14) days of employment and on an annual basis thereafter.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility