Therapeutic Recreation Services Coordinator - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
The Recreation Services Coordinator is responsible for promoting the goals and mission of the program in addition to ensuring compliance with all applicable licensing standards for the programs. The Recreation Services Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation, management and delivery of the recreational/activity program.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides and/or develops programming to address leisure education, organization of community outings/events, provides small group leisure activities to residents.
- Manages the life leisure and activities departments.
- Provides supervision and planning to program staff and residents’ programming in Therapeutic Recreation programs and activities department.
- Must document specific pertinent information in the medical record as indicated and maintain participation records for activities
- Adequately addresses and/or resolves residents’ grievances, demonstrating knowledge of notifying Administration as appropriate.
- Complies with and ensures staff follows Special Supervision guidelines as per policy and procedures including appropriate documentation of same.
- Assists in managing program/department budget, purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- Assists in managing appropriate staffing standards as per budgetary guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual residents’ histories, current progress and personal issues or difficulties and ensures staff is knowledgeable of same.
- Demonstrates both problem solving and problem prevention skills.
- Provides evaluations for residents’ recreational needs through administration of leisure inventory and interview.
- Exhibits knowledge of and ensures daily documentation of residents’ progress is completed according to NNC’s policies and procedures.
- Attends treatment team meetings, provides verbal and written information regarding residents’ status to the treatment team and discharge leisure recommendations.
- Reports all resident clinical and/or programmatic concerns to the appropriate personnel.
- Meets all deadlines to ensure compliance with administrative requests not addressed elsewhere.
- Assist in preparing and planning the monthly activity calendar and posts in all designated areas.
- Assists and plans for all special events on campus.
- Coordinates with volunteer program on campus to entertain/educate residents.
- Provide supervision to assigned volunteers.
- Demonstrates ability to assemble recreational media with instructions for direct care staff to use with residents.
- Leads/ assist with a community outing each week.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College Degree required in Therapeutic Recreation.
- Minimum of one-year experience in recreational therapy program preferably with experience with individuals with neurological impairments.
Apply Here »
- Must be certified in CPR, ABC 101and First Aid.
- Must be knowledgeable of and practice Infection control and Universal Precautions at all times.
- Must have a current tuberculosis test (within one year) and be tested on annual basis thereafter.
- Must pass a criminal background check on an annual basis.
- Must maintain current licensure in good standing during employment with the facility.
- Must be a certified NNC driver