Telemetry Technician - Night Shift - Nexus Specialty Hospital - Shenandoah, TX
Under the direct supervision of the CNO, the Telemetry Tech will observe the cardiac rhythms of patients placed on telemetry monitors and assist in Unit Secretary duties as needed.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Manages unit communication including call light system, telephone, maintains clerical and medical records including filing labs, takes messages and communicates information to the appropriate person.
- Observes the cardiac rhythms of patients placed on telemetry monitors at all times.
- Provides ongoing dialogue with Registered Nurses (RN)/Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN)with the status of cardiac rhythms and demonstrates ability to identify emergency rhythms and baseline changes.
- Prints rhythm strips at the beginning of each shift and as needed with rhythm changes. Notifies primary care nurse as needed with change in patient’s rhythm.
- Demonstrates ability to critically think and prioritize workload.
- Assists visitors as needed, while recognizing that observing patient cardiac rhythms are a priority.
- Consistently and accurately fills out and discusses telemetry shift report sheets to oncoming shift.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to apply telemetry leads and electrodes using bedside monitor or portable transmitter.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to accurately admit and discharge a patient from Fukuda telemetry system to include setting patient specific alarm parameters.
- Receives incoming facility calls in absence of the receptionist. Demonstrates professionalism in this role to both external/internal, customers.
- Schedules procedures in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures any change in patient condition or unusual circumstances is reported immediately to the charge nurse.
- Ensure all critical value reports from lab reach primary care nurse.
- Maintains facility security cameras and is diligent in assessing all visitors before allowing access to facility.
- Maintains an orderly and clean work environment.
- Maintains the cleanliness of various instruments and equipment per hospital policy.
- Checks all alarm limits at commencement of shift and throughout shift as needed.
- Initiates code blue/rapid response on request of nursing staff (not based on telemetry monitoring).
- Exchanges and communicates patient care information via charge nurse and shift report.
- Trains new telemetry tech staff as directed.
- Completes all required documentation of patient care per shift.
- Corrects audit deficiencies of medical records within allotted time frames.
- Resolves, with assistance from House Supervisor, areas of concern of conflict with patient’s families and/or co-workers in a professional, proactive and courteous manner.
- Accepts direction from supervisors and other management team members in a positive and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Current certification as Certified Nursing Assistant preferred
- Current Telemetry Certification
- Prefer 6 months experience working in a hospital/rehabilitation setting.
- Prefer 1 year experience in a Telemetry Tech position.
Apply Here »
- Must be certified in CPR.
- CPI training required or must be obtained within 90 days of employment.