Social Worker - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
The Social Worker is responsible for maintaining a safe home-like environment and optimum quality of care for the residents by providing assignments, supervision and assistance all activities of the program.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Apply Here »
- Takes active role in ensuring quality programming is followed as outlined in terms of content and schedule.
- Adequately addresses and/or resolves residents’ grievances.
- Provides direction to staff regarding management of difficult clients/cases.
- Contacts stakeholders re: residents program participation and progress.
- Notifies immediately all stakeholders regarding significant incidents involving residents.
- Manages program/department budget.
- Works with administrator to develop department budget.
- Ensures maintenance of and ensuring staff is knowledgeable of licensing standards and regulations.
- Ensures that program meets licensing standards at all times.
- Ensures appropriate documentation and other follow-up is provided as required by regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual residents’ histories, current progress and personal issues or difficulties and ensures staff is knowledgeable of them.
- Ensures development of individual behavioral protocols, as needed, in a timely fashion and ensures staff implementation.
- Demonstrates both problem solving and problem prevention skills.
- Ensures completion of comprehensive master treatment plans in a timely fashion by team.
- Ensures residents receive all medical and/or therapeutic consultations ordered by the attending physicians as soon as possible.
- Exhibits knowledge of and ensures daily documentation of residents’ progress is completed accordingly to facility policies and procedures.
- Attends treatment team meetings and provides verbal and written information regarding residents’ status to the treatment.
- Ensures all resident medical concerns are reported immediately to the medical staff.
- Meets all deadlines to ensure compliance with administrative requests not addressed elsewhere.
- Ensures collection of program evaluation data on time in accordance with administrative guidelines and forward to Outcomes Manager in a timely manner.
- Ensures nutritionally appropriate menu planning for residents including special diets, dietary consults, food order, food preparation, food storage, etc. and that staff in trained and knowledgeable in same.
- Follows up with nursing staff to ensure residents’ basic medical/nursing care (i.e., vital signs, weights) is provided.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years’ experience in assisted living setting or rehabilitation setting.
- Minimum two years management and/or supervisory experience.
- Must be certified in CPR and preventive management of aggressive behavior.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Must pass a criminal background test at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services / healthcare field. Master’s Degree preferred.