Our Respiratory Therapist serve a vital role in our patient rehabilitative care. As the leader in pediatric medical services and rehabilitation, Nexus Children’s Hospital treats children with primary medical issues who may also have secondary behavioral problems. Working with patients from infancy to age 21 who may have been unsuccessful in traditional rehabilitation environments.
Nexus Children’s Hospital transitions all types of patients through the care they need, acting as the bridge between the acute hospital and home. At Nexus Children’s Hospital, you become part of our family as we’re mending minds.
Under the direct supervision of the Respiratory Supervisor, the Respiratory Therapist CRT/RRT is responsible for administering therapeutic and diagnostic procedures to patients with respiratory disorders, including patients requiring intensive care treatment.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administers medical gases, humidifiers, medications, and aerosols for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes.
• Provides basic patient education.
• Follows verbal and written orders from physicians in administering drugs and medications to the cardiopulmonary system of patients.
• Develops effective treatment plans.
• Evaluates treatment program, results and takes appropriate action.
• Performs basic assessments of Arterial Blood gases, Pulmonary Function testing, EKG and chest x-rays.
• Performs basic interpretation of Arterial Blood gases, Pulmonary Function testing, EKG and chest x-rays.
• Communicates with the Director of Respiratory, physicians and other treatment team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
• Participates as necessary for patient care conferences and weekly rehabilitation meetings.
• Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
• Records daily treatments and labor per corporate procedures.
• Completes reports and documents treatments according to facility policies.
• Participates in discharge planning.
• Communicates and coordinates clinical services department functions with other departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness.
• Presents him/herself in a professional manner when representing facility.
• Communicates with the Director of Respiratory Therapy regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems, successes.
• Resolves, with assistance of Director of Respiratory Therapy, areas of concern or conflict with patient’s families, co-workers or external customers in a professional, proactive, and courteous manner.
• Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Respiratory Therapy.
• Communicates effectively with professional colleagues.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Apply Here »
• Graduate from an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy