Rehabilitation Technician - PRN - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation Services and supervising therapists, the Rehabilitation Technician assists with direct patient care including but not limited to activities of daily living, mobility, behavioral management, assisting with facilitating classroom and/or training programs, job coaching duties, analyzing and transcribing observational documentation and report writing.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of classroom management and ensures that residents participate appropriately in group setting.
- Demonstrates ability to assist with lessons, activities and exams, ensuring that appropriate curriculum is facilitated to residents.
- Ability to assist patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) – toileting, personal hygiene, changing briefs, showering, feeding, etc.
- Assist with transfer and mobility activities and use of mechanical lifts under the direction of the supervising therapist/therapists
- Assist therapists with treatment sessions as indicated under the direction of the supervising therapists.
- Demonstrates the ability to monitor the client’s behaviors; appropriate social and work boundaries, job skills and abilities and provide both positive and/or negative feedback.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of techniques utilized to modify behavior in a positive way.
- Demonstrates understanding of client’s functional limitations and knowledge of compensatory strategies.
- May be assigned job coaching duties; Trains the client on his/her assigned job duties, providing supervision and assistance until the client can perform tasks independently.
- Demonstrates ability to use tact, patience and courtesy with clients and community employers at all times.
- Lead and organize community trips following company procedure to facilitate client / resident training and knowledge as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to be able to solve problems independently as they arise during programming and in the client’s work place setting with satisfactory results.
- Must be able to complete reports and maintains various records, schedules and files for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information.
- Demonstrates ability to perform basic functions on Word and Excel.
- Attend all mandatory staff meeting
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Initiates assignments without hesitation and when completed seeks out additional job duties.
- Reads all staff memos, staff communication notes, resident case management notes, and physician notes and summaries.
- Works with supervisor to ensure a productive and cohesive team.
- Meets deadlines to ensure compliance with administrative requests.
- Maintain work space area by cleaning, disinfecting and reporting defective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of H.S. degree or equivalent.
- Prefer 12 months experience working in a rehabilitation setting.
Apply Here »
- Must be certified in CPR/First Aid.
- Must be certified in SAMA Behavior Training within 30 days of employment and renew annually.
- Must be a Certified Driver per Nexus Neurorecovery Center’s policies and renew annually.