Receptionist (Part-time) – Evenings and Weekends - Nexus Specialty Hospital - Shenandoah, TX
This position will primarily work 4pm – 8pm during the weekdays and Saturday and Sunday (8am – 7pm). The Receptionist is responsible for providing telephone answering and receptionist services which include performing complex secretarial, administrative and organizational support work for business services and any and all key staff members as necessary, as well as completing special projects as requested.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Provides telephone support by answering telephones in an appropriate, courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Displays professional demeanor when answering the telephone and dealing with incoming patients and all visitors.
- Possess knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, including the uses of office machines and equipment.
- Possess knowledge of computer hardware and various applications of business related software including, but not limited to MSWord, Excel, Outlook, Access and Power Point essential for job responsibilities.
- Shows a willingness to assist other employees and visitors and seeks out opportunities to assist others.
- Provides training to new receptionists regarding use of telephones.
- Understands and interprets pertinent policies, procedures and executive instructions accurately.
- Possess strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude with all personnel.
- Performs all front office/clerical duties pertaining to the position.
- Sells lunch tickets to employees and guests. Counts cash drawer before any sales and records sales on provided forms.
- Returns cash drawer to Administrative Assistant.
- Ensures that all relief receptionists are aware of procedures and given detailed instructions regarding daily information, before leaving on a break. Ensures pertinent information from day shift is communicated to evening and weekend receptionists via email and notebook.
- Greets visitors in a courteous manner, ensuring appropriate sign-in procedures are followed.
- Provides administrative secretarial support to staff as assigned and special projects as required.
- Ensures that mail is delivered and outgoing mail picked up by postman on a daily basis.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail, including interdepartmental mail, in a timely manner.
- Ensures that deliveries of packages, supplies, orders, etc. are distributed to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Ensures that incoming correspondence is distributed to the correct person in a timely manner.
- Ensures that reception area and lobby are clean and presentable for guests, visitors, and staff.
- Ensures that administrative supplies for Reception area are ordered and available when needed, including toner for printer, visitor badges, and visitor logs and any and all forms needed at the Reception desk for daily business.
- Maintains administrative filing in a timely manner as needed.
- Available to assist with communicating Spanish speaking patients if receptionist is bilingual or if not bilingual, obtain assistance from another Spanish speaking employee.
- Ensures that all charge batches are received from each department in a timely manner. Keys and/or posts batches in a timely manner.
- Prints journals for each batch posted. Ensures journals are distributed to departments in a timely manner.
- Notifies department directors if there are errors on batch.
- Ensures daily charge deadlines are met.
- Distributes paychecks to employees.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with supervisory personnel and coworkers throughout the company.
- Plans, organizes and executes work activities independently.
- Is trained on most Business Office Coordinator duties and assumes those responsibilities in the Business Office Coordinator’s absence.
- Performs any and all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent preferably with some college courses.
Apply Here »
- Minimum two years’ experience in similar or like position preferred.