Program Director - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
The Program Director is responsible for maintaining a safe home-like environment and optimum quality of care for the residents by providing assignments, supervision and assistance all activities of the program. Additionally, the Program Director is responsible for compliance with all applicable licensing standards for the program. This position is considered to be an essential staff member. An essential staff member is defined as a staff member who is required to be on duty to provide services to Touchstone during an emergency situation and/or disaster situation, as defined by the facility’s emergency and disaster response plan.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Apply Here »
- Takes active role in ensuring quality programming is followed as outlined in terms of content and schedule.
- Adequately addresses and/or resolves residents’ grievances.
- Provides direction to staff regarding management of difficult clients/cases.
- Complies with and ensures staff follow Special Supervision policies and procedures including appropriate documentation of same.
- Manages program/department budget.
- Manages appropriate staffing standards as per budgetary guidelines.
- Manages staffing budget, i.e., payroll, overtime, etc.
- Manages departmental purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- Manages purchasing of resident supplies.
- Works with administrator to develop department budget.
- Ensures maintenance of and ensuring staff is knowledgeable of licensing standards and regulations.
- Ensures that program meets licensing standards at all times.
- Ensures appropriate documentation and other follow-up is provided as required by regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual residents’ histories, current progress and personal issues or difficulties and ensures staff is knowledgeable of them.
- Ensures development of individual behavioral protocols, as needed, in a timely fashion and ensures staff implementation.
- Demonstrates both problem solving and problem prevention skills.
- Submits reports in a timely fashion as requested.
- Contacts stakeholders re: residents program participation and progress.
- Notifies immediately all stakeholders regarding significant incidents involving residents.
- Ensures completion of comprehensive master treatment plans in a timely fashion by team.
- Ensures residents receive all medical and/or therapeutic consultations ordered by the attending physicians as soon as possible.
- Ensures recertification for continued patient stay using facility recertification process as outlined.
- Exhibits knowledge of and ensures daily documentation of residents’ progress is completed accordingly to facility policies and procedures.
- Attends treatment team meetings and provides verbal and written information regarding residents’ status to the treatment.
- Ensures all resident medical concerns are reported immediately to the medical staff.
- Meets all deadlines to ensure compliance with administrative requests not addressed elsewhere.
- Ensures collection of program evaluation data on time in accordance with administrative guidelines and forward to Outcomes Manager in a timely manner.
- Ensures nutritionally appropriate menu planning for residents including special diets, dietary consults, food order, food preparation, food storage, etc. and that staff in trained and knowledgeable in same.
- Follows up with nursing staff to ensure residents’ basic medical/nursing care (i.e., vital signs, weights) is provided.
- Ensures resident budgeting, banking, shopping and personal outings are provided according to the individual goals for each resident.
- Responsible for ensuring transports of residents are performed as needed.
- Ensures that facility policies and procedures are followed regarding scheduling of vans and/or other transportation for clients.
- Ensures routine maintenance checks, repairs of appliances, house equipment and physical plant are completed in a timely fashion and documented.
- Ensures that program house is neat, clean and presentable at all times.
- Ensures the completion and follow up of work orders as per company policy. Follows up with Director of Plant Operations when maintenance is not completed.
- Ensures that program is in compliance with scheduled safety drills and tests as per facility Safety Plan.
- Maintains a working knowledge of program house fire alarm system and ensures appropriate staff is trained in same.
- Maintains accurate records for monthly program “petty cash” expenditures and ensures that facility policies and procedures are followed regarding same.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years’ experience in assisted living setting, or rehabilitation setting.
- Minimum two years management and/or supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field required.
- Preferably a Master’s Degree in Business or Human Services.
- Must be certified in CPR, First Aid and preventive management of aggressive behavior.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and good driving record