Print Shop Manager - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
The Print Shop Manager assist with overseeing all job coaching services and vocational service lines within the Vocational Services department. Print Shop manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Print Shop and other Vocational service lines when requested. Responsible for providing direct care of residents within the Vocational department.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Oversees residents in one of the Vocational Services’ service line(s) – Print Shop, Craft Shops, Horticulture, Gift Shop, Car Wash, etc.
- Serves as the backup if the Vocational Services Manager is out of the office.
- Demonstrates the understanding of client’s functional limitations and how to offer compensatory strategies to maintain employment regardless.
- Demonstrates the ability to create functional work simulations to improve residents RTW skills.
- Understands the demands of the employer and can adequately explain those to the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how to job coach regarding cueing, maintaining boundaries and fading when appropriate.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of techniques utilized to modify behavior in a positive way.
- Demonstrates ability to perform basic functions on Word and Excel including the preparation of reports, schedules, and spreadsheets as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead group discussion regarding various vocational topics, including, but not limited to workplace behaviors, interviewing skills, work ethics, etc.
- Works with and assists the Vocational Rehabilitation staff members as needed depending on caseload.
- Maintains various records, schedules, and files for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information.
- Demonstrates knowledge of advanced silk screening procedures and techniques.
- Ensures the day-to-day operations of the Print Shop including planning and supervising residents’ participation and maintaining accurate inventory of supplies, stock and merchandise.
- Processes incoming work orders and distributes job duties to clients/residents and assign jobs to proper machines for most economical and efficient production. Expedite rush jobs, solve scheduling problems and facilitate routine production.
- Schedules work orders and monitors progress to see that production schedules and quality standards are met and to ensure all customer needs are served within the capabilities of the print shop facilities.
- Performs marketing within the community to secure contracts for ongoing orders for various silk-screened items.
- Coordinates and ensures duties are assigned and carried out for residents in the Print Shop, ensuring daily monitoring of the client’s activities, time sheets, breaks, appointments and medications.
- Ensures and monitors daily proper maintenance and accurate documentation of resident records in a timely manner
- Provides training, assistance and monitoring to staff and residents in the use of equipment used in the Print Shop.
- Approves and oversees proper maintenance of equipment. Ensures that print shop tools, parts and equipment are maintained and replaced when needed.
- Generates Print Shop reports and submits purchase orders, and forwards to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Provides oversight in the development and maintenance of Print Shop Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures departmental compliance with all regulatory and licensing agencies (i.e., TRC, CARF, TDADS).
- Meets deadlines to ensure compliance with administrative requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferably Associates Degree in Business, Industrial Arts or related field.
- Minimum of high-school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in working with vocational retraining.
- Preferably knowledge of or exposure to providing assistance to persons with neurological deficits or persons with disabilities in rehabilitation, acute care, community re-entry or other healthcare-related program.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in production of silk screened items and marketing.
Apply Here »
- Must be certified in CPR and SAMA.
- Must have valid Texas Driver’s License and good driving record.