Physical Therapist develops and provides physical therapy services to referred patients and serves as a patient advocate in the Therapy Department.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Screens, evaluates and treats patients as assigned.
• Evaluates patients within 72 hours of physician referral.
• Develops effective treatment plans to assigned patients.
• Supervises PTA’s and rehabilitation technicians in direct patient care and patient related activities.
• Treats patients according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician.
• Provide evidence based treatments and monitor progress to assigned patients.
• Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation, physicians and other team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.
• Participates as necessary in patient care conferences, rehabilitation meetings and other meetings as assigned.
• Performs department audits to ensure quality patient care
• Documents treatments, outcomes and all required documentations related to patient care according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines in a timely manner.
• Participates in staff In-Service Training Programs.
• Records daily treatments and charges with respect to department policy.
• Establishes and instructs parents/caregivers in patient specific home exercise programs/maintenance programs, safety and DME.
• Participates in discharge planning and completes appropriate paperwork.
• Secures necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
• Acts as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Physical Therapy or Physical Therapy Assistant schools.
• Communicates and coordinates clinical services department functions with other departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Physical Therapy equipment utilized in different procedures, for example, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, etc.
• Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Physical Therapy.
• Utilizes resources appropriately and uses/maintains equipment in order to prolong working life.
• Communicates with PTAs on a daily basis regarding patient goals, outcomes, and plan of care
• Provides quality customer service to patients and family members
• Communicates with medical staff in order to clarify questions regarding patient status
• Demonstrates knowledge of the medically complex patient and provides appropriate interventions based on diagnosis.
• Adheres to department productivity standard.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of a Bachelor’s level program in Physical Therapy.
• Masters and/or Doctorate degree preferred
• Minimum of one year working with the acute adult population preferred.
• Licensed by the State of Practice in Physical Therapy
• Current CPR and CPI certification.
• Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or, obtain 90) days