Physical Therapist (PRN) - Nexus Children's Hospital - Houston, TX
Nexus Children’s Hospital has a career opportunity for you as an Physical Therapist!
Therapist have a dynamic role in the recovery process from complex medical issues following an acquired or traumatic brain injury, acute illness, chronic disease, or any other life-altering event.
As the leader in pediatric medical services and rehabilitation, Nexus Children’s Hospital treats children with primary medical issues who may also have secondary behavioral problems. Working with patients from infancy to age 21 who may have been unsuccessful in traditional rehabilitation environments.
Nexus Children’s Hospital transitions all types of patients through the care they need, acting as the bridge between the acute hospital and home.
At Nexus Children’s Hospital, you become part of our family as we’re mending minds.
**This is a PRN position. **
The Physical Therapist assesses the specialized needs of each patient, develops a safe plan of care, implements and
modifies it as necessary in accordance with hospital and departmental policy, Physical Therapy Board of Texas, Standards of Practice and Texas Practice Act.
- Strong assessment/evaluation skills
- Clinical competence in treating a variety of pediatric patient care needs
- Participates as necessary in patient care conferences and weekly rehabilitation meetings.
- Documents treatment and outcomes daily according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Complete all required documentations of patient care to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines in a timely manner.
- Participates in policy and procedure meetings.
- Participates in In-Service Training Programs with staff to achieve a high standard of care by all staff.
- Records daily treatments and charges with respect to department policy.
- Establishes and instructs caregivers in patient specific maintenance programs.
- Establishes and instructs parents/caregivers in patient specific home exercise programs.
- Communicates and coordinates clinical service department functions with other departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness.
- Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems and successes.
- Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Physical Therapy.
- Proficient in Electronic Medical Records documentation
- The position requires occasional/frequent lifting of 50+ pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping, and squatting
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are necessary
- Visual ability to monitor instruments, computers, and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are required in this position
Apply Here »
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Licensed Occupation Therapist in the state of Texas
- Must maintain current licensure and certification during employment with this facility
- Minimum of one year experience working in an In-patient and Outpatient setting in the areas of developmental disabilities and neurological/orthopedic conditions
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s level program in Physical Therapy; Master’s or Doctorate level preferred