Pet Therapist - PRN - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Therapeutic Recreational Services Coordinator, the Pet Therapist will provide pet therapy to patients at Nexus Neurorecovery Center.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Provides Pet Therapy services to our patient population.
- Meets and follows all requirements for the registration with Pet Partners or local affiliate.
- Ensures animals remain on leash or tether and in is the therapist’s possession at all times while on facility grounds.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and reports any issues to supervisor.
- Ensures animals have proper vaccinations records.
- Maintain registration with Pet Partners or an approved local affiliate.
- Documents treatment and outcomes daily according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines. Complete all required documentations of patient care to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines in a timely manner.
- Animal must be current with immunizations and health requirements and deemed healthy by local Veterinarian including an annual negative fecal parasite screen and rabies vaccination in accordance to local laws.
- The animal should be clean and well-groomed within 24 hours of visit.
- Attends all required training and department meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a Pet Therapist preferred.
Apply Here »
- All Pet Therapist handlers and their animals must be registered and currently certified by an approved and local affiliate (i.e., Pet Partners, AKC, Therapy Dogs International, etc.)