Patient Sitter PRN - Nexus Children's Hospital - Houston, TX
Under daily supervision of the Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse and directly to the Nurse Manager, the Patient Sitter observes the patient for any unusual behavior and assists in the prevention of any harm to the patient.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Ensures that any change in patient condition or unusual circumstances is reported immediately to the charge nurse.
- Practices correct isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment and to control the spread of infection
- Maintains the cleanliness of various instruments and equipment per hospital policy.
- Keeps patient rooms in a clan and orderly condition; makes beds, replaces soiled linens, straightens beside table and prepares room for occupancy.
- Exchanges and communicates patient care activities and meets all patient needs within shift parameters
- Corrects audit deficiencies of medical records within allotted time frames.
- Resolves with assistance from charge nurse, areas of concern or conflict with patient families and/or co-workers in a professional, proactive and courteous manner.
- Accepts direction from supervisors and other management team members in a positive and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Preferably six (6) months experience
Apply Here »