Occupational Therapist / Occupational Therapist Assistant - PRN - Nexus Specialty Hospital - Shenandoah, TX
Occupational Therapist develops and provides occupational therapy services to referred patients and serves as a patient advocate in the Therapy Department.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Apply Here »
- Treats patients according to treatment plans approved by attending physician.
- Provide evidence based treatments and monitor progress to all patients on OT caseload.
- Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation, physicians and other team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.
- Participates as necessary in patient care conferences, rehabilitation meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Documents treatment and outcomes on a daily basis according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Completes all required documentations of patient care to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines in a timely manner.
- Performs department audits to ensure quality patient care
- Participates in In-Service Training Programs with staff to achieve a high standard of care by all staff.
- Records daily treatments and charges with respect to department policy.
- Establishes and instructs caregivers and patients in patient specific maintenance programs, DME, and safety.
- Participates in discharge planning and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Secures necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Serves as clinical preceptor for affiliating Occupational Therapy or Occupational Therapy Assistant schools.
- Communicates and coordinates clinical services department functions with other departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness.
- Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems and successes.
- Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Occupational Therapy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Occupational Therapy equipment utilized in different procedures, for example, , ultrasound, e-stim, etc.
- Must be a licensed Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Minimum of one year working with the adult acute population preferred.
- Licensed by the state of practice in Occupational Therapy
- Certified in CPR and CPI
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or, obtain within thirty 90 days