Occupational Therapist develops and provides occupational therapy services to referred patients and serves as a patient advocate in the Therapy Department.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluates, develop treatment plans to assigned patients.
• Evaluates patients within two to three working days of physical referral, depending on level of care.
• Supervises rehabilitation technicians and COTAs in direct patient care and patient-related activities
• Treats patients according to treatment plans approved by attending physician. Provide treatments and monitor progress to assigned patients.
• Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation, physicians and other team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.
• Participates as necessary in patient care conferences and weekly rehabilitation meetings.
• Documents treatment and outcomes daily according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines. Complete all required documentations of patient care to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines in a timely manner.
• Participates in policy and procedure meetings.
• Participates in In-Service Training Programs with staff to achieve a high standard of care by all staff.
• Records daily treatments and charges with respect to department policy.
• Establishes and instructs caregivers in patient specific maintenance programs.
• Participates in discharge planning.
• Secures necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
• Serves as clinical preceptor for affiliating Occupational Therapy or Occupational Therapy Assistant schools.
• Communicates and coordinates clinical services department functions with other departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness.
• Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems and successes.
• Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Occupational Therapy.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Occupational Therapy equipment utilized in different procedures, for example, traction, ultrasound, whirlpool, etc.
• Utilizes resources appropriately and uses/maintains equipment in order to prolong working life.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of a Bachelor’s level program in Occupational Therapy.
• Masters and Doctorate degree preferred
• Minimum of three years working in a rehab setting.
• Neuro experience preferred
• Licensed by the State of Practice in Occupational Therapy
• Certified in CPR and CPI
• Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or, obtain within thirty (30) days