Occupational Therapist – Full-time - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
The Occupational Therapist develops and provides occupational therapy services to referred patients and serves as a patient advocate in the Therapy Department.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Evaluates, develop treatment plans to assigned patients.
- Evaluates patients within two to three working days of physical referral, depending on level of care.
- Supervises rehabilitation technicians and COTAs in direct patient care and patient-related activities
- Treats patients according to treatment plans approved by attending physician. Provide treatments and monitor progress to assigned patients.
- Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation, physicians and other team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.
- Participates as necessary in patient care conferences and weekly rehabilitation meetings.
- Documents treatment and outcomes daily according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines. Complete all required documentations of patient care to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines in a timely manner.
- Participates in policy and procedure meetings.
- Participates in In-Service Training Programs with staff to achieve a high standard of care by all staff.
- Records daily treatments and charges with respect to department policy.
- Establishes and instructs caregivers in patient specific maintenance programs.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Secures necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Serves as clinical preceptor for affiliating Occupational Therapy or Occupational Therapy Assistant schools.
- Communicates and coordinates clinical services department functions with other departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness.
- Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems and successes.
- Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Occupational Therapy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Occupational Therapy equipment utilized in different procedures, for example, traction, ultrasound, whirlpool, etc.
- Utilizes resources appropriately and uses/maintains equipment in order to prolong working life.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s level program in Occupational Therapy.
- Masters and Doctorate degree preferred
- Minimum of three years working in a rehab setting.
- Neuro experience preferred
- Licensed by the State of Practice in Occupational Therapy
- Certified in CPR and CPI
Apply Here »
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or, obtain within thirty (30) days