Neurologist - Nexus Physician Services - Houston, TX
We are looking to hire a Neurologist with outstanding medical knowledge and experience of traumatic/acquired brain injuries, anatomy, physiology, the central nervous system and other body systems. Neurologists are expected to have excellent problem solving and clinical decision-making skills with the ability to communicate effectively to patients and staff.
To ensure success, Neurologists should have fantastic organizational and time management skills, and superb practical and diagnostic skills. Top candidates will be familiar with research methods and have a willingness to keep up to date with advances in treatments.
- Have a high degree of knowledge in traumatic and acquired brain injury medicine and adept to the neuropsychiatric complexities of such injuries.
- Diagnose complex medical problems by referring to a patient’s history, examining them and conducting neurological tests.
- Counsel patients on neurological disorders and its background.
- Order neurological tests and interpret the results of neuroimaging studies.
- Prescribe and/or administer treatment and medication.
- Monitor the behavioral and cognitive side effects of treatment and medication.
- Order supportive care services for patients.
- Participate in neuroscience research activities.
- Liaise with medical professionals in the community and hospitals.
- Keep up-to-date with neurological developments, treatment and medication.
- Perform specialized treatments such as sleep disorders, neuroimmunology, neuro-oncology, behavioral neurology and neurogenetics.
- Perform and interpret lumbar punctures, electroencephalography, electromyography and nerve conduction velocity tests.
Apply Here »
- Degree in Medicine or Osteopathy (essential).
- Accreditation with the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
- 3 years of specialty training in an accredited neurology residency program (essential).
- 3 or more years of specialty training in Traumatic/Acquired Bran Injury programs (essential).
- Current state medical license and Federal DEA license (essential).
- Completed U.S. Medical Licensing Examination (essential).
- 3 years of experience practicing as a Neurologist.
- Fantastic counseling and listening skills.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills and communication.
- Fantastic research skills.
- Outstanding practical and diagnostic skills.
- Great management and leadership skills.