Maintenance Supervisor - Nexus Children's Hospital - Houston, TX
The Maintenance Supervisor manages the Environment of Care department projects at the Nexus facilities located in Texas.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees projects within the maintenance/environment of care department as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensures proper supplies is ordered for projects
- Maintains a budget for all projects
- Coordinates with vendors/contractors if needed on projects
- Participates in the Maintenance department weekend on-call schedule
- Maintains facility in good repair to ensure a safe environment.
- Ensures a clean and safe environment in all exterior areas of the facility
- Reports all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc. to the safety supervisor immediately.
- Demonstrates problem-solving and problem prevention skills in the areas of maintenance and safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cleaning chemicals and the proper use of each chemical.
- Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling to meet the staffing needs of the department.
- Completes preventative maintenance (PM) / proper inspections on equipment within the facilities
- Ensures that Back flows are inspected as required
- Ensures that the grease trap is clean as scheduled
- Ensures that the fire alarm system is working properly
- Perform inspection of the fire dampers
- Inspects fire doors daily
- Participates in the safety committee
- Participates in Emergency preparedness
- Ensure proper water temperatures
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years related building maintenance experience with an emphasis on maintenance, repair, and semi-skilled craftsman of various building trades, including plumbing, electrical, and painting.
- Must be knowledgeable of building codes, licensing standards, and ADA guidelines.
Apply Here »
- None required
- Basic computer skills required