Licensed Professional Counselor – Part-time - Nexus Children's Hospital - Houston, TX
Performs individual, group, and crisis intervention counseling to patients and staff experiencing social, emotional, and vocational difficulties. Makes appropriate referrals for services, supervises, consults with medical team, staff, and administration and performs outreach functions. Work is performed under general supervision of a pediatric psychologist.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Counsel residents and patients, individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming deficits, adjusting to life, and making changes.
- Complete and maintain accurate records and reports regarding the patients’ histories and progress, services provided, and other required information.
- Develop resident treatment plans based on research, clinical experience and resident histories.
- Review and evaluate residents’ progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
- Interview residents, review records, and confer with other professionals in order to evaluate individuals’ mental and physical condition, and to determine their suitability for participation.
- Intervene as advocate for residents in order to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Provide residents and family members with information about acquired brain injury and about available resources, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in resident status.
- Coordinates with the multidisciplinary team and Program Director to develop master treatment plan.
- Attend training sessions in order to increase knowledge and skills.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with and supporting residents.
- Participate in treatment planning and staff meetings.
- Lead routine individual or family support groups; occasionally lead community based support groups.
- Respond to request for services in a timely manner
- Provide supervision if appropriate.
- Be responsible for providing billing department with services rendered on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology or Social Work required.
- Experience in cognitive rehabilitation or educational background
- Background in pediatrics preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Three years direct patient care experience
Apply Here »
- License Professional Counselor (LPC)