House Supervisor - RN Required - Day and Night Shift - Nexus Children's Hospital - Houston, TX
Under the general supervision of the Director of Nursing, the Charge Nurse/House Supervisor performs a variety of functions to ensure optimal delivery of patient care services. This position ensures that established policies and procedures are used to ensure delivery of quality patient care and that any care variances are reported promptly to the appropriate supervisor. In the absence of the Director of Nursing, this position assumes full responsibility for hospital and patient care.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that scope of duties and services provided are consistent and within the guidelines of the state nursing practice act and in compliance with Regulatory Agencies.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels to provide safe patient care while meeting established productivity guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to serve as a patient advocate with compassion and empathy shown to all patients and their significant others.
- Educates patients and patients’ significant others regarding treatments, tests, special procedures, medications, and safety.
- Consults with preceptors/orienteer on a regular basis to provide support and assess progress/needs of new employees
- Demonstrates the ability to document medication administration concerning company policy and procedure.
- Collaborates with other clinical/ancillary departments to resolve issues and improve workflow process throughout the department.
- Practices appropriate infection control and isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment and control spread infection.
- Completes training/annual competencies as required.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the legal implications of documentation.
- Utilizes the appropriate charting forms and documents appropriately and legibly uses charting by exception.
- Initiates and conducts emergency measures (including CPR) required to stabilize patient’s condition.
- Ensures abnormal test results are reported to physician promptly; triages activities based on borderline and/or normal and/or unusual signs
- Acts as a clinical resource for peers and subordinates.
- Provides supervision to subordinates by company Policies and Procedures and applicable federal and state law.
- Reports variances in operations to the Director of Nursing promptly.
- Provides feedback to Director of Nursing regarding subordinates’ job performance
- Exercises good judgment when addressing staff, patients and physicians’ complaints and resolving concerns.
- Maintains employee/patient confidentiality at all times.
- Ensures employees complete all required documentation and complete documentation audits as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State in which performing duties.
- Preferred one (1) year experience in hospital/rehabilitation setting.
Apply Here »
- Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State in which performing duties.
- Certified in BLS, ACLS, and PALS per facility policy.
- Maintain current licenses in good standing during employment.