Facilitator - PRN - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
Responsible for facilitating group activities during specified duty hours, thereby ensuring quality of care and assisting with ameliorating to improve deficit areas.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Apply Here »
- Demonstrates ability to assist and evaluate in patient admission process.
- Facilitates groups to meet facility and patient needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual resident’s histories, current progress and personal issues or difficulties.
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with residents including ability to de-escalate residents with verbal interventions.
- Assists residents in promptly following through with programming issues, and medical and community appointments.
- Demonstrates ability to interact appropriately with residents during programming by role modeling for them and encouraging them to complete assigned projects.
- Demonstrates ability to oversee exams.
- Reads all staff memos, staff communication notes, resident case management notes, and physician notes and summaries.
- Community Involvement: Demonstrates knowledge of community resources and coordinates community volunteer projects.
- Initiates assignments without hesitation and when completed seeks out other assignments.
- Demonstrates ability to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Displays willingness to work additional hours when necessary.
- Assists residents in purchasing appropriate amounts and types of food items as outlined by weekly menus.
- Monitors and assists residents in preparing meals that have been planned.
- Ensuring that appropriate curriculum is facilitated to residents.
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate classroom management.
- Demonstrates knowledge of resident’s deficits as it applies to group function.
- Ensures that residents participate appropriately in group setting.
- Delegating appropriate staff to assist in working with residents.
- Reports daily progress to Program Directors.
- Documents on resident’s progress daily and services provided.
- Demonstrates ability to adequately evaluate resident’s performance and deficits.
- ADL’s Assistance: Assists residents in performing and completing ADLs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One-year experience of group facilitating.
- Minimum of high-school degree or equivalent,
- 20 hours of college credits preferred.
- Must be certified in CPR, ABC 101 and First Aid.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and good driving record.