The Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring that a clean and sanitary environment is maintained throughout the building.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
▪ Ensures the cleaning and maintenance of a specific area of the facility as assigned by the Director of Plant Operations.
▪ Ensures learning the cleaning and maintenance of the other areas of the facility.
▪ Demonstrates knowledge of cleaning chemicals and the proper use for each chemical.
▪ Ensures that chemicals are properly labeled.
▪ Ensures that cleaning cart is properly cleaned.
▪ Ensures that chemical are properly locked up and secured.
▪ Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling in order to meet the staffing needs of the department.
▪ Ensures transport of soiled linen using the proper techniques to prevent contamination.
▪ Ensures the proper use of all designated housekeeping equipment, i.e., vacuum cleaners, buffer, carpet machine.
▪ Cleans floors to include dust mopping, damp mopping, stripping, buffing, sanitizing, waxing, and disinfecting.
▪ Cleans carpet or rug areas to include vacuuming, detailing edges, shampooing, extracting, and bonnet buffing.
▪ Changes curtains and drapes as needed.
▪ Assist in moving furniture and equipment
▪ Cleans lights, vents, walls, and windows.
▪ Assists with general cleaning duties, which may include but not limited to resident rooms, offices, public areas, waiting rooms, etc.
▪ Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in the moving and lifting of supplies and equipment.
▪ Utilizes appropriate precautions in the use of all chemical to minimize potential for exposure of self and the environment.
▪ Cleans and properly stores equipment and supplies at the end of the shift.
▪ Communicates effectively verbally and in writing to fulfill position and responsibilities.
▪ Performs other duties as assigned.
▪ High school diploma or equivalent preferred
▪ At least one year experience in housekeeping or laundry preferred.
▪ None Required
▪ Basic computer skills
▪ Must have valid driver’s license