EVS Tech / Housekeeper - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
The EVS Technician is responsible for ensuring that a clean and sanitary environment is maintained throughout the building.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Ensures the cleaning and maintenance of a specific area of the facility as assigned by the Director of Plant Operations.
- Ensures learning the cleaning and maintenance of the other areas of the facility.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cleaning chemicals and the proper use for each chemical.
- Ensures that chemicals are properly labeled.
- Ensures that cleaning cart is properly cleaned.
- Ensures that chemical are properly locked up and secured.
- Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling in order to meet the staffing needs of the department.
- Ensures transport of soiled linen using the proper techniques to prevent contamination.
- Ensures the proper use of all designated housekeeping equipment, i.e., vacuum cleaners, buffer, carpet machine.
- Cleans floors to include dust mopping, damp mopping, stripping, buffing, sanitizing, waxing, and disinfecting.
- Cleans carpet or rug areas to include vacuuming, detailing edges, shampooing, extracting, and bonnet buffing.
- Changes curtains and drapes as needed.
- Assist in moving furniture and equipment
- Cleans lights, vents, walls, and windows.
- Assists with general cleaning duties, which may include but not limited to resident rooms, offices, public areas, waiting rooms, etc.
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in the moving and lifting of supplies and equipment.
- Utilizes appropriate precautions in the use of all chemical to minimize potential for exposure of self and the environment.
- Cleans and properly stores equipment and supplies at the end of the shift.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing to fulfill position and responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
- At least one year experience in housekeeping or laundry preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Apply Here »