Director of Neurorecovery Programming - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
The Director of Neurorecovery Programming provides the administrative oversight to the departments of Rehabilitation, Cognitive / Psychology, and Vocational Services. This position is considered to be an essential staff member who is defined as a staff member who is required to be on duty to provide services to assigned facility during an emergency and/or disaster situation, as defined by the facility’s emergency and disaster response plan.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Apply Here »
- Oversight of the therapy, cognitive / psychology, and vocational departments.
- Addresses and resolves any patient issues / complaints that arise during the therapy day.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual clients’ histories, current progress and personal issues or difficulties.
- Accepts and completes assignments without hesitation.
- Accomplishes required tasks with minimal supervision.
- Communicates effectively with immediate supervisor, Clinical Directors, physicians and other health team members regarding client progress, problems and plans.
- Participates in family conferences and other client care conferences as needed.
- Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Records daily treatment and labor per company procedures.
- Participates in discharge planning as needed.
- Ensures fiscal management for reporting.
- Ensures staffing appropriateness for reporting department.
- Ensure treatment team decisions are followed in all aspects of client’s daily programming.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with staff, physicians, other departments and outside physicians.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of other administrative or program related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Provides supervision to subordinates in accordance with NNC’s Policies and Procedures and applicable federal and state law.
- Demonstrates ability to provide ongoing training, role-modeling, development and nurturing to staff.
- Conducts regularly scheduled staff meeting to facilitate good communication flow and problem identification.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of payroll.
- Provides appropriate rewards and corrective action to staff when necessary.
- Ensures staff attends all mandatory in-services.
- Exercise good judgment when addressing staff complaints and resolving staff problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five years of experience in an inpatient setting. Minimum of three years of management experience.
- Knowledge of or exposure to providing assistance to persons with neurological deficits, or persons with disabilities in an acute care of community re-entry program and inpatient hospital setting preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Must be knowledgeable of and practice Infection control and universal precautions at all times.
- Must obtain a tuberculosis test with the first 14 days of employment and on an annual basis thereafter.
- Must pass a criminal background, employee misconduct registry and OIG/GSA sanctions on an annual basis.