Direct Care Workers (Living Skills Support) - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX - PRN and Full-time
The Direct Care Worker (Living Skills Support) for Touchstone Neurorecovery Center is responsible for providing optimum quality care, ensuring the maintenance of a safe home-like environment, carrying out the programming activities and assisting in activities daily living skills for Touchstone Neurorecovery Center residents. This position is considered to be an essential staff member who is required to be on duty to provide services to Touchstone during emergency situations and/or disaster situations, as defined by the facility’s emergency and disaster response plan.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Apply Here »
- Demonstrates ability to assist residents with their activities of daily living (bathing, toileting, personal hygiene, etc.) based on their individual needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual residents’ histories, current progress and personal issues or difficulties.
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with residents including ability to de-escalate residents with verbal interaction.
- Assists residents in promptly following through with programming issues, and medical and community appointments.
- Demonstrates ability to interact appropriately with residents by role modeling for them and encouraging them to complete assigned projects.
- Displays willingness to work additional hours when necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately document all observed resident behavior and activity according to current progress note format a as directed by supervisor
- Checks resident’s vital signs and documents appropriately.
- Reports all abnormalities with residents’ health/condition according to company policies and procedures.
- Communicates in a courteous, respectful and kind manner to staff, residents, visitors, telephone callers, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to follow home exercise program as outlined by therapist.
- Demonstrates ability to follow individualized behavior protocol including providing positive reinforcement and setting limits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred minimum of one (1) year experience in rehabilitation and/or assisted living setting
- Preferably knowledgeable of or prior exposure to providing assistance to person with neurological deficits with disabilities in rehabilitation, acute care, community re-entry or other healthcare related program
- Certified in CPR and CPI within 30 days of employment
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent
- Bilingual preferred
- Certified in CPR, First Aid and ABC 101
- Attend a preventative management of aggressive behavior class
- Must obtain current tuberculosis test within the first fourteen (14) days of employment and on an annual basis thereafter.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or, obtain within thirty (30) days of hire