Dietitian - Nexus Specialty Hospital - Shenandoah, TX
This position oversees patient diets in accordance with physician orders, coordinates and directs clinical nutrition services and education and ensures nutritional adequacy of patient menus. This position also assists with patient consults and reviewing menus at our Nexus Neurorecovery Center facility.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Conducts patient nutrition assessments, consults, and reassessments and establishes goals for each patient.
- Conducts nutrition education to meet the needs of patients and staff.
- Provides appropriate educational in-service to dietary and nursing departments.
- Communicates with all other disciplines, all information regarding patient care on a regular basis.
- Participates in patient team conferences.
- Participates on appropriate committees as appointed.
- Evaluates and approves patient menus and approves modified diets.
- Instructs patients and their families on the nutritional needs for home and appropriate ways for achieving these as ordered by the physician.
- Educates patient/family on food/drug interactions and documents appropriate notation of such in the patient medical record.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding patient’s nutritional care in the patient’s medical record in a timely and consistent manner.
- Assists in planning and conducting appropriate performance improvement.
- Develops and maintains department policies and procedures.
- Operates within set departmental budget and implement cost-saving procedures.
- Correlates dietary needs with laboratory findings on a consistent basis.
- Collaborates with physicians regarding nutritional needs and suggestions.
- Recommends and/or assists with specific nutritional patient measurements in order to evaluate more specific goals i.e. calorie count, pre-albumin/albumin monitoring, etc.
- Orients and trains nursing staff to achieve and maintain high standards of care specific to patient nutrition.
- Participates in PI by identifying quality indicators, tracking necessary information and reporting information.
- Participates in Pharmacy, Nutrition and Therapeutics Committee.
- Reviews menus at our Nexus Neurorecovery Center and make appropriate recommendations on a monthly basis
- Consults on patients at Nexus Neurorecovery as requested by clinical team
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, Dietetics or related degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- 1 years of clinical experience
Apply Here »
- Current Licensed Dietitian in the state of Texas
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration