Dietitian (PRN) - Nexus Children's Hospital - Houston, TX
Nexus Children’s Hospital has a career opportunity for you as a Registered Dietitian!
Our Dietitians have a dynamic role in the recovery process from complex medical issues following an acquired or traumatic brain injury, acute illness, chronic disease, or any other life-altering event.
As the leader in pediatric medical services and rehabilitation, Nexus Children’s Hospital treats children with primary medical issues who may also have secondary behavioral problems. Working with patients from infancy to age 21 who may have been unsuccessful in traditional rehabilitation environments.
Nexus Children’s Hospital transitions all types of patients through the care they need, acting as the bridge between the acute hospital and home.
At Nexus Children’s Hospital, you become part of our family as we’re mending minds.
This position oversees patient diets in accordance with physician orders, coordinated and directs Clinical Nutrition Services and Education, and ensures nutritional adequacy of patient menus.
- Performs nutritional assessments, manages physician’s orders, therapeutic diets and supplements. Provides nutrition education to patients and /or families.
- Attends patient rounds and adheres to clinical nutrition policies.
- Identify patients at nutritional risk based on established criteria.
- Evaluate age specific, developmental and disease specific nutritional needs of patients.
- Develop and implement nutritional plan of care.
- Evaluate and monitor the effectiveness and outcomes of medical nutrition therapy interventions. Provide nutrition education counseling to patients and family.
- Position is PRN
- Must possess current registration through the Commission of Dietetic Registration
- Current license as a Registered Dietitian in Texas.
- Proficient computer skills in excel & word.
- Current member of the American Dietetic Association
Apply Here »
- 1 year of clinical experience; pediatric experience preferred
- Meditech preferred
- Requires Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with major in dietetics, food and nutrition, or related degree
- Master’s degree preferred