Clinical Liaison - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
The position serves as the primary marketing representative for the facility and is responsible for clinical assessments of potential referrals to the facility; serve as liaison between facility personnel and the families of referrals and other professionals in the community.
****EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL AT LEAST 25%****
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Apply Here »
- Develops and implements quarterly marketing plans with goals designed to achieve budgeted admits.
- Achieves quarterly goals.
- Conducts sales calls to existing and potential referral sources and records call activity into the system.
- Tracks physician non monetary items for compliance submits to Marketing Directors
- Establishes and cultivates professional relationships with referral sources in order to generate repeat referral opportunities.
- Seeks out managed care opportunities and works with NHS Director of Managed Care Services to cultivate same.
- Completes weekly calendars and contact reports with timely submission per departmental direction
- Attends conferences and professional seminars as requested in order to promote the facility.
- Provides timely and detailed input to marketing budget
- Demonstrates knowledge of the hospital and marketplace in order to stay abreast of healthcare changes and/or trends.
- Performs competitive analysis of competitor facilities on periodic basis.
- Conducts presentations and tours of the facility to potential referral sources and families.
- Performs clinical assessments to determine appropriateness and acceptance of potential admissions.
- Maintains timely attendance and active participation in Nexus marketing education events.
- Performs marketing duties in cost effective manner, consults director on plans, costs, and options prior to scheduling events/placing orders, submits expense reports in a timely fashion adhering to company policies on approved expenses.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources.
- Effectively, timely and accurately reports and/or communicates activities, progress, issues and/or concerns to CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER and Marketing Director.
- Works with the facility Marketing Director and VP of Sales and Marketing on an ongoing basis regarding concerns and issues which impact census building in the facility, responds to requests, participates in field ride along and trainings, etc.
- Assists in contract negotiations with Director of Managed Care when requested between potential referral sources and facility case manager.
- Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of licensing regulations and third party payor information.
- Works closely with all Nexus facility personnel and related staff in coordination/cross coordination of referrals, evaluations and marketing activities.
- Looks for need and opportunity for the facility to package programs with clinical, nursing and medical directors to market specific diagnosis based services.
- Develops strategic annual and 90 day sales plans based upon budgeted census needs, payor mix and patient mix.
- Provides administrative support to the TNA Education Unit Program Director regarding CEU Courses.
- Schedules, coordinates and promotes educational/CEU activities to referral sources to support ongoing professional development.
- Collaborates with Nexus marketing representatives for CEU presentations and other integrated marketing efforts.
- Assists in identifying any need for Nursing Education.
- Provides support to the TNA Education Unit Program Director in Relation to identifying RN education needs.
- Employee must have a BSN or higher to be a Nurse Planner on the CNE committee. If employee does not have this requirement, the nurse may be a member of the committee in a target audience representative (if appropriate) or as a supportive role as approved by the Lead Nurse Planner.
- Consistently maintains knowledge of and attends education related to the TNA and ANCC COA criteria.
- Maintains responsibility for adherence to TNA and ANCC COA criteria.
- Consistently follows the established Continuing Nursing Education process for developing, delivering and evaluating the effectiveness of offered activities.
- Collaboratively plans Continuing Nurse Education activities with at one additional Lead Nurse Planner/Nurse Planner.
- Consistently completes all required paper work in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least one year experience in a related field, including two years of clinical experience.
- Background experience with case management or rehabilitation nursing and referral development required.
- At least two years of increased marketing responsibility in the healthcare industry.
- Working knowledge of Admission Criteria for Nexus facilities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: If a licensed clinician
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in the state of practice
- Licensed Social Worker, or Respiratory Therapist in state of practice
- Must maintain current certification/licensure in good standing during employment with this facility, or, obtain within 30 days