Charge Nurse (RN Required) – Night Shift - Nexus Specialty Hospital - Shenandoah, TX
The Charge Nurse works in collaboration with the Clinical Nurse Manager in the management of daily unit operations that may include: staffing, personnel management, environmental monitoring, discharge planning, performance improvement, risk management, short term problem solving and assumes accountability for the nursing unit in the absence of the Clinical Nurse Manager.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that quality patient care is provided in accordance with established patient care standards/protocols and policies.
- Assesses skill levels of staff in planning and coordinating the delivery of patient care.
- Ensures implementation of established priorities for the management of patient care and/or department activities on a daily basis.
- Distributes patient care and/or department responsibilities to staff, as appropriate according to nursing skills and patient acuity.
- Collaborates with health team members to ensure achievement of patient care goals.
- Monitors cleanliness, infection control and safety of unit environment and patient rooms.
- Acts as clinical resource for peers and subordinates (i.e. able to accept clinical assignment when required).
- Function as an EMR super user.
- Assists with the selection of candidates for available positions as requested/desired.
- Ensures compliance with required reports, documents, records, and files on a daily basis.
- Works to maintain an environment which promotes the development of a high level of morale, motivation, and skill among personnel.
- Reports variances in operations to the Clinical Nurse Manager in a timely manner.
- Assists the Clinical Nurse Manager in justifying budget variances by providing information as needed.
- Adjusts the staffing for the department, meeting projected case mix, census, acuity levels and emergency situations.
- Assists in communicating department-based productivity plans to department personnel in a positive and supportive manner.
- Resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Uses appropriate chain of command in providing information on pertinent changes, concerns, or problems relating to patient care and/or department operations.
- Provides feedback to Clinical Nurse Manager regarding subordinates job performance.
- Assists nurses in caring for patients as identified/requested.
- Completes information for FLASH and TEAM conference
- Completes Nurse Productivity and Midnight Census
- Assists Clinical Manager with audits (Hand Hygiene/Quality Care)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prefer B.S. in nursing or equivalent clinical background
- Minimum two years leadership experience preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience of direct care in ICU setting preferred.
- Prefer experience in management with regards to supervising, managing, and working with a variety of people on an individual and group basis.
Apply Here »
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Current CPR & ACLS
- CPI Certification required. Must obtain within 90 days of hire.