Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) - PRN - Nexus Specialty Hospital - Shenandoah, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Occupational Therapist, the Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant treats patients according to a treatment plan approved by attending physician and/or Occupational Therapists.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Apply Here »
- Knowledgeable of professional standards and utilizes during treatment.
- Appropriately reports abnormalities, change in patient condition or unusual circumstances in a timely manner to supervising OT, nurse and/or the Director of Rehabilitation.
- Carries out plan of care as outlined by the supervising OT and approved by physician.
- Practices correct isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment to control the spread of infection.
- Maintains the cleanliness of utilized instruments and equipment per hospital policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of occupational therapy equipment utilized in different procedures, for example e-stim, ultrasound, etc.
- Utilizes resources appropriately and uses and maintains equipment in order to prolong working life.
- Completes all required documentation of patient care according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Provides evidence based treatments to patients that are age appropriate.
- Accepts direction from supervisors and other management team members in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicates with the Occupational Therapist, Director of Rehabilitation, physicians and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
- Participates as necessary in patient care conferences, rehab meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Participates in In-Service Training Programs.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Establish and instruct caregivers and patient in patient specific maintenance programs, DME and safety.
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Records daily treatments and charges with respect to department policy.
- Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems and successes.
- Adheres to department productivity standard.
- Interacts professionally with other clinical staff
- Communicates issues or concerns regarding department or patient to supervising OT
- Acts as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Occupational Therapy Schools.
- Preferred six (6) months experience working in a hospital/rehabilitation setting
- Graduate of an American Occupational Therapy Association accredited school of COTA
- Current Licensure as a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant in the State of Practice
- Certified in CPR and CPI
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or, obtain within 90 days of hire