Certified Nursing Assistant - Nexus Specialty Hospital - Shenandoah, TX
Under the direct supervision of the nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant assists in the direct patient care and assists patients with activities of daily living.
Job Specific Duties
Apply Here »
- Completes and records routine patient vital signs as per instructed by RN/LVN.
- Performs patient rounds at least every 2hrs, if unable to perform, primary nurse is notified.
- Knowledgeable of vital sign ranges and reports any deviation to the primary nurse immediately.
- Assist patient with ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) as needed and documents in patient’s medical record.
- Performs oral care at least once per shift and documents in patient’s medical record.
- Provides hair care at least once per shift and documents in patient’s medical record.
- Ensures patients are turned at least q2hrs, if patient cannot be turned or refuses, the primary nurse is notified and is documented in the patient’s medical record.
- Feeds patients per restrictions as assigned/required.
- Assist with safe transfers as needed.
- Retrieves patient’s equipment from materials management as required/requested.
- Maintains cleanliness of various instruments and equipment used per hospital policy and returns equipment to Central Supply. Reports non-functioning equipment to Central Supply.
- Keeps patient rooms clean and in an orderly condition by removing all trash and preventing unnecessary clutter.
- Communicates with patients, patient’s family, staff, and physicians in a professional and courteous manner.
- Exchanges and communicates patient care information upon change of shift.
- Interacts with patient and families in a caring and compassionate manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Prefer at least six (6) months experience working in a hospital/rehabilitation/long-term care environment
- Certified as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the State in which performing duties
- Certified in CPR
- Certified CPI within 90 days of hire
- High school Degree or GED required
- Basic Computer skills