Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) - Nexus Specialty Hospital - Shenandoah, TX
This position, under the supervision of the Corporate Director of Facility Management, is responsible for the work area in accordance with all sanitary and safety regulations, and day to day operations of the Dietary department.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Apply Here »
- Adheres to Food Safety Manual regarding any and all food preparation practices.
- Assists the Dietary Director in the training of Dietary Aides on job specific duties and completing competencies.
- Ensures clean-up of kitchen/cafeteria and equipment on a daily basis, including sweeping, mopping and garbage.
- Responsible for the Dietary Staff schedule.
- Responsible for making sure that all dietary employee are completing their daily task
- Ensures that the all meal presentations are well prepared and garnished
- Define daily task and assignment’s
- Monitor equipment and work areas to verify they are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly manner, maintain strict adherence to procedures regarding cleaners or hazardous materials or objects, verify universal precautions and infection control, isolation, fire , safety and sanitation practices and procedures are followed, and promptly address any hazardous conditions and equipment
- Interview, hire, train, supervise, evaluate and discipline dietary personnel
- Ensures proper stocking, cleaning, and documentation of refrigerator temperatures in patient nutritional areas.
- Ensures utensils and serving equipment/dishes are clean and ready for next meal service.
- Assists with checking of meal trays for accuracy.
- Assists Corporate Director of Facility Management in assuring that adequate levels of food supplies are maintained including appropriate storage and rotating of supplies.
- Follows facility policies and procedures regarding proper sanitation, safety and infection control as mandated by the Texas Department of Health.
- Prepares and serves special diet orders (such as pureed, low sodium, mechanically soft, cold food preparation, etc.)
- Keeps work area clean and free of hazardous equipment.
- Works safely with all equipment and duties.
- Assists with all meal transport as needed.
- Addresses patients, staff and visitors with warmth and respect.
- Assists the cook with meal preparation as needed.
- Utilizes time efficiently and completes duties without sacrificing quality of work.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working hours and days scheduled in order to meet the needs of the department.
- Scheduling of employee shifts.
- Provides A.M. formulas according to written recipes and following proscribed methods of sanitation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that all dietary aides are cross trained in all phases in the kitchen
- Ensures that all new employees have completed their new hire competency check list
- Ensures that all corrective actions forms are prepared when needed
- Responsible for making sure that the dining room is clean and presentable for each meal
- Responsible for helping set up for special functions or meals that the dietary department is ask to participate in.
- Ensures that there are clean serving trays in the dining room at all times during serving times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years of experience in institutional or commercial food service preferred, supervisory experience and hospital management experience
- Basic computer skills
- Must have high School diploma or equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) Certification by an accredited agency
- Food Handlers Certification
- Must have valid driver’s license