The Assistant Program Director serves as the back-up for the Program Director. This position is responsible for assisting the Program Director in promoting the goals and mission of the program, in addition to ensuring compliance with all applicable licensing standards for the programs. This position is considered to be an essential staff member. An essential staff member is defined as a staff member who is required to be on duty to provide services to Touchstone during an emergency situation and/or disaster situation, as defined by the facility’s emergency and disaster response plan.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides assistance to Program Director in management for the residents’ daily schedules and programming.
• Adequately addresses and/or resolves residents’ grievances.
• Assists Program Director in providing direction to staff regarding management of program clients.
• Complies with and ensures staff follows Special Supervision guidelines as per policy and procedures including appropriate documentation of same.
• Assists with management of program/department budget.
• Assists with management of appropriate staffing standards as per census guidelines.
• Assists with management of staffing budget, i.e., payroll, overtime, etc.
• Assists with management of departmental purchasing of supplies and equipment.
• Assists with management of purchasing of resident supplies.
• Works with Program Director to develop department budget.
• Provides assistance to Program Director to ensure program remains compliant regarding regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrates knowledge of individual residents’ histories, current progress and personal issues or difficulties and ensures staff is knowledgeable of same.
• Demonstrates both problem solving and problem prevention skills.
• Provides assistance to Program Director, when applicable, regarding case management for assigned residents.
• Proves to be knowledgeable of and ensures daily documentation of residents’ progress is completed according to TNC’s policies and procedures.
• Attends treatment team meetings and provides verbal and written information regarding residents’ status to the treatment team as requested by the Program Director.
• Reports all resident clinical and/or programmatic concerns to the Program Director.
• Meets all deadlines to ensure compliance with administrative requests not addressed elsewhere.
• Provides assistance to Program Director to ensure collection of program evaluation data on time in accordance with administrative guidelines.
• Provides assistance to Program Director to ensure the completion and follow up of work orders as per company policy.
• Assists with monitoring petty cash use and reconciliation.
• Operates as “on call” when away from facility for staffing issues, call offs, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• College degree preferred.
• Minimum of one year experience in personal care home setting preferably with head injured patients.
• Minimum one year management and/or supervisory experience.
• Must be certified in CPR, PMAB and First Aid.
• Must be knowledgeable of and practice Infection control and Universal Precautions at all times.
• Must have a current tuberculosis test (within one year) and be tested on an annual basis thereafter.
• Must pass a criminal background test on an annual basis.
• Must maintain current certification licensure in good standing, if applicable, during employment with the facility