Activities Coordinator - PRN - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
The Activities Coordinator is responsible for the daily activities of our residents. The Activities Coordinator will work closely with the staff Recreation Therapist to develop therapeutic activities for residents.
Job Specific Duties:
- Follows any medical regime developed for patient by the nursing department.
- Carries out the daily activities for the patients.
- Develops a therapeutic relationship with patients.
- Coordinates with staff Recreational Therapist regarding therapeutic activities.
- Plans appropriate activities for assigned group.
- Ensures that patient activities are designed to meet the needs and interests of each patient and which include, but are not limited to:
-Indoor and out-of-doors activities, which may include supervised daily walks
-Activities away from facility
-Opportunity for patient involvement for planning and implementation of the activity program
Apply Here »
- Demonstrating ability to assess emotional, physical and mental capabilities and limitations of patients when planning activities.
- Ensuring patient group size is held to a therapeutic level.
- Leading the patients in activity programs while providing direction, guidance and encouragement as appropriate.
- Utilizes equipment in a proper and safe manner; reports broken or faulty equipment to maintenance.
- Resolves, with assistance, areas of concern or conflict with patient’s families, co-workers or external customer’s in a professional, proactive and courteous manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years in healthcare field with one year in activities related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in the medical field preferred.
- Must be certified in CPR
- Must be ABC 101 / CPI certified within 30 days of employment
- Must have a valid driver license