Wound Care RN - Nexus Specialty Hospital - PRN
Apply Here »
- Assesses and reassesses patients per established policies and procedures to identify progress and trends that require intervention or reporting to the Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Develops effective treatment plans based on existing, evidence-based protocols.
- Communicates with Director of Wound Care, physicians and other treatment team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
- Assists Licensed Independent Practitioners during wound debridement’s and/or graft applications.
- Assists with sterilization of surgical instruments via autoclave.
- Performs wound debridement within both skill level and scope of practice.
- Initiates measures to prevent and treat patient’s wound/skin issues (i.e. Specialty mattress, positioning/turning schedule, recommendations for referrals, etc.).
- Assists with staff education in regard to skin integrity and/or wound management: Prevention, assessment and treatment.
- Serves as a resource for hospital staff specific to management of patient’s skin/wound issues.
- Preforms patient/caregiver education and documents accordingly.
- Participates in necessary meetings, conferences, etc.
- Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines by end of shift.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Enhances professional growth by attending seminars or further educational opportunities.
- Performs above duties/responsibilities in both the inpatient setting and outpatient clinic setting.
Preferred minimum of at least two (2) years experience in rehabilitation and/or assisted living setting.
- Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Certified in CPR
- Attend a preventative management of aggressive behavior class within 90 days of hire and maintain annually.