Sub-Acute Program Manager and Employee Health - HealthBridge Children's Hospital Orange, CA
Under the direct supervision of the Director Clinical Service (DCS), the Sub-Acute Program Manager oversees and coordinates the delivery of nursing services in the SNF and Sub-Acute unit. The Sub-Acute Program Manager coordinates and ensures regulatory requirements are met in SNF and Sub-Acute units such as but not limited to hours per patient day, MDS reports. This position is required to use independent discretion and judgment with respect to supervisory and management decisions and recommendations. This position is required to be accessible 24/7.
Apply Here »
- Establishes and maintains the highest standard of clinical care for all hospital patients.
- Ensures that quality patient care is provided in accordance with established patient care standards.
- Is accessible 24/7 to nursing department unless other arrangements have been made and communicated to the appropriate staff
- Develops, reviews, and/or revises policies and procedures as directed by the DCS or as the need arises for optimal unit operation. Provides training to staff regarding policies.
- Responsible for communicating with DCS all required paperwork regarding open positions and assisting with the recruitment of Nursing staff, including review of all applications (in ADP) on a bi-weekly or monthly basis in order to provide adequate hospital staffing.
- Assists with the selection of candidates for available positions.
- Assist DCS with staff evaluation records, using hospital performance appraisals, during three month probationary period, a minimum of once a year thereafter, and upon termination.
- Oversees the CNA Program, handles evaluations and disciplinary actions
- Monitors staff performance and attendance. Records variances and counsels staff as appropriate in collaboration with Human
- Resources Director and DCS.
- Provides input into the development of a fiscally sound department budget.
- Utilizes knowledge of fiscal management when making daily operational decisions.
- Assists the DCS in justifying budget variances by providing information as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of licensing standards and regulations as they pertain to nursing.
- Ensures Performance Improvement(PI) projects are completed in a timely manner and reports abnormal findings to DCS and DQS
- Minimum two years nursing management and/or supervisory experience preferably in rehabilitation facility.
- MDS Coordinator and competing care plans.
- Sub-acute care experience strongly preferred
- Utilizing a Electronic health record
- Employee Health and Immunization/vaccination program
- Must be licensed Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Must be certified in CPR, PALS and ACLS.
- B.S. in Nursing preferred or equivalent clinical background