Speech Language Pathologist - Nexus Specialty Hospital - PRN - Shenandoah, TX
The Speech Therapist serves as the facility speech therapist conducting patient speech assessments, evaluations and performing speech therapy services.
Apply Here »
- Performs speech therapy for facility patients as assigned.
- Screens, evaluates and develops individualized treatment plans.
- Evaluates patients within 72 hours of physician referral.
- Provides age appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Evaluates patient response to treatment and documents the treatment plan as necessary.
- Provides information about treatment and updates to staff, physician and family members.
- Documents treatment and outcomes daily according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Provides patient and family education on tasks and resources that will assist with continued functional independence.
- Communicates results of speech-language evaluations/assessments and makes recommendations to treatment team and patient andfamily.
- Participates in patient care conferences, rehabilitation department meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Serves as a resource in areas of speech-language pathology.
- Conducts in-services as requested and provides education to staff during orientation and yearly staff competency fair.
- Coordinates treatment activity with other disciplines and team members as appropriate.
- Is certified in vital stim and administers appropriately to patients.
- Is competent in administering Modified Barium Swallow Studies.
- Offers positive suggestions/solutions to improve service delivery and unit operations.
- Assists with the development of student programs as requested and acts as a preceptor to SLP students.
- Contributes to the delivery of cost effective care.
- Utilizes resources appropriately and uses/maintains equipment in order to prolong working life.
- Participates in discharge planning and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Documents and charges daily therapeutic units timely and accurately.
- Communicates with the Rehabilitation Manager regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems and successes.
- Performs PMV trials when ordered by physician.
- Adheres to department productivity standards.
- Performs MBSS when ordered by physician and reports recommendations to the treatment team.
- Communicates with direct care staff regarding patient diet, aspiration precautions, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year working with adult acute population.
- Graduate of master’s level program in which is either accredited by the Speech Language Pathology Educational Standards Board or whose course work and practice meet course ASLHA certification.
- Must be licensed by the state of Texas in Speech-Language Pathology
- Must be certified in CPR and CPI
- Must maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility