RN - House Supervisor - Nexus Specialty Hospital
The House Supervisor works in collaboration with the Manager Nursing in the management of daily unit operations that may include: staffing, personnel management, environmental monitoring, discharge planning, performance improvement, risk management, short term problem solving and assumes accountability for the nursing unit in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
- Ensures that quality patient care is provided in accordance with established patient care standards.
- Assesses skill levels of staff in planning and coordinating the delivery of patient care.
- Ensures implementation of established priorities for the management of patient care and/or department activities on a daily basis.
- Distributes patient care and/or department responsibilities to staff, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with health team members to ensure achievement of patient care goals.
- Shows adaptability and flexibility when experiencing changes in staffing, work volume, or emergency situations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of nursing care systems (i.e. documentation, patient classification).
- Monitors cleanliness and safety of unit environment
- Develops, reviews, and/or revises policies and procedures as directed by the Nurse Manager for optimal unit operation.
- Assists with the selection of candidates for available positions.
- Evaluates staff, in conjunction with the Nurse Manager, using hospital performance appraisals, during three month probationary period, a minimum of once a year thereafter, and upon termination.
- Ensures compliance required reports, documents, records, and files in a timely fashion.
- Works to maintain an environment which promotes the development of a high level of morale, motivation, and skill among personnel.
- Provides input into the development of a fiscally sound department budget.
- Assists the Nurse Manager in justifying budget variances by providing information as needed.
- Utilizes knowledge of fiscal management when making daily operational decisions.
- Adjusts the staffing for the department meeting projected case mix, census and acuity levels.
- Makes suggestions for the revision of systems and routines which result in an improved operation of the department.
- Assists in communicating department based productivity plans to department personnel in a positive and supportive manner.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of problem-solving strategies when productivity compliance goals are not met.
- Monitors individual nursing personnel in relation to compliance with standards of nursing care.
- Resolves conflicts in a professional manner
- Uses appropriate chain of command in providing information on pertinent changes, concerns, or problems relating to patient care and/or department operations.
Nexus Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing. Apply Here »
- Minimum two year direct care experience with 2 years leadership experience.
- Prefer experience in management with regards to supervising, managing, and working with a variety of people on an individual and group basis.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Current CPR & PALS
- Prefer B.S. in nursing or equivalent clinical background