Registered Nurse - Special Procedures - Nexus Specialty Hospital - PRN
- Develope process for receiving procedure orders
- Education of staff re: procedure process
- Development of Moderate Sedation study guide, post test and competency check –off and ensure test and competency is up to date on annual basis
- Training and evaluation of staff competency in moderate sedation
- Maintain PICC certification and proficiency
- Maintain continuing education in IV therapy, vascular access, PICC placement with ultrasound guidance
- Evaluate, correct or write Policy and Procedure for specialty procedures
- Universal Procedural Protocol with Time Out for each procedure
- Conscious Sedation: pre-procedure assessment, sedation, recovery
- Endoscopy tech: EGD /PEG, Bronchoscopy,Colonoscopy, EGD/ DIAGNOSTIC, EGD/ BIOPSY, pre-procedure set-up, post-procedure processing and storage of all scopes and equipment.
- Assist with all endoscopy procedures
- Set-up and assist with Interventional Radiology Procedures
- Collaborates with other department to ensure cleaniness of treatment room
- Responsible to stock supplies in treatment room
- Cleans scopes cabinet weekly and as needed
- Outpatient Baclofen Pump: analyze, refill and maintain, schedule follow-up appointments, contact physician for orders post refill- maintain outpatient chart/documentation. Submit order to pharmacy and outpatient clinic.
- Inpatient Baclofen Pump refill and Maintainace: interrogate pump and determine date to be refilled, submit order to pharmacy, perform refill when needed. Make dose changes when ordered by physician.
- Patient evaluation for PICC or other central vascular access within 3 days of admission.
- Place PICC lines using ultrasound guidance, chest x-ray for confirmation, orders to use once placement verified by chest x-ray
- Post PICC placement follow-up.
- Assist nursing staff with difficult IV insertions
- Assist with central line troubleshooting and declotting
- Clinical orientation and Skills Fair; class / IV Therapy & Special Procedures education.
- Continuing education of nursing staff re: IV Therapy; central line care, maintenance, infection prevention
- Equipment and supply procurement, evaluation of equipment and supplies, implementation of changes as needed
- Perfom weekly central line bundle audits
- Develops/participates in Performance Improvement Activities
- Perform blood transfusion documentation audits
Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned. Apply Here »
- Preferred minimum of at least one (1) year of experience in the acute/post-acute hospital setting
- PICC Insertion Experience Preferred
- Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State in which performing duties
- Certified in BLS/ACLS
- Attend Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training annually as required by the facility
- PICC Certification Preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State in which performing duties.