Neurobehavioral RN - Nexus Specialty Hospital
- Provides patient care within the guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act of the BNE and hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual patients’/residents’ histories, current progress, care requirements and treatment goals.
- Performs complete head to toe assessment of each assigned patient within one hour from beginning of shift.
- Demonstrates ability to make appropriate nursing decisions when assessing patients/residents.
- Complies with established medication policies and procedures including the 10 rights and legible documentation.
- Performs patient rounds at least every 2 hours.
- Effectively operates and troubleshoots commonly utilized equipment. Reports non-functioning equipment to Central Supply.
- Completes all required documentation legibly and prior to the end of shift.
- Receives telephone orders from Licensed Independent Practitioner and fulfills orders per established policies and procedures within the shift received. Ensures read back occurs for accuracy.
- Reassess patients per established policies and procedures to identify progress and changes in condition that require intervention and/or reporting to the Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Demonstrates competence in performing basic drug calculations.
- Investigates all unfamiliar procedures, techniques and medications (purpose, methods and side effects) before carrying them out.
- Participates in patient team rounds as required and completes team conference report prior to conference.
- Accepts patient assignments, within their scope, as directed by the Nurse Manager/House Supervisor. Coordinates care with ancillary clinical departments
Jan. 18, 2017, 1:07 p.m.
Minimum of at least two (2) years’ experience in the acute/post-acute hospital setting preferred. Minimum of at least one (1) year experience in adult psychiatric setting.
Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas Certified in BLS/ACLS Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certified or equivalent. Psychiatric Mental Health Certified Nurse Specialist-Board Certified (PMHCNS-BC) preferred.