Nurse Manager - Nexus Specialty Hospital
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing (DON), the Nursing Manager assists in oversight and coordination of delivery of nursing services
- Coordinates nursing schedules and payroll in a timely manner.
- Ensures nursing care consultation is in accordance with hospital, state and federal policies and procedures.
- Acts as first responder when on duty for medical emergencies with patients.
- Assists in conducting staff meetings on a regular basis for nursing employees and unit secretaries. Gains feedback from DON before meetings and assists in agenda development.
- Ensures PI projects are completed in a timely manner and reports abnormal findings to DCS
- Is available and on call as requested. Arranges for appropriate coverage when unable to be on call.
- Assists DON in monitoring staff performance and attendance. Records variances and counsels staff as appropriate in collaboration with Human Resources Manager, Supervisors and DON.
- Oversees Charge Nurse and outlines role expectations. Ensures duties assigned are performed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of licensing standards and regulations as they pertain to nursing.
- Conducts walking rounds to assess unit environment and staff issues.
- Monitors code cart and refrigerator logs to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Ensures that nursing documentation is appropriate and according to policy and procedures.
- Communicates with department directors to ensure team focused, patient centered care
- Ensures staff conduct remains professional and consistent with hospital policies and procedures
- Attends meetings and seminars as required and is timely in attendance.
- Assists DON in ensuring nursing department policies and procedures are current and are reviewed on an annual basis. Provides training to staff regarding nursing policies as directed by DON.
- Assists DON in staffing in order to meet patient needs.
- Provides training to staff regarding nursing concerns, issues, and procedures on an as needed basis.
Nexus Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.
*CB Apply Here »
- Minimum two years nursing management and/or supervisory experience preferably in LTAC/rehabilitation facility.
- Must be certified in CPR.
- Must maintain licensure in the state in which duties are performed.
- Must be licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.