The Direct Care Worker (Living Skills Supoort) for Touchstone Neurorecovery Center is responsible for providing optimum quality care, ensuring the maintenance of a safe home-like environment, carrying out the programming activities and assisting in activities daily living skills for Touchstone Neurorecovery Center residents. This position is considered to be an essential staff member who is required to be on duty to provide services to Touchstone during emergency situations and/or disaster situations, as defined by the facility’s emergency and disaster response plan.
Nexus Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.
· Preferred minimum of (1) years experience in rehabilitation and/or assisted living setting
· Preferably knowledgeable of or prior exposure to providing assistance to person with neurological deficits with disabilities in rehabilitation, acute care, community re-entry or other healthcare related program
· Minimum of high school degree or equivalent
· Bilingual preferred
· Certified in CPR, First Aid and ABC 101
· Attend a preventative management of aggressive behavior class
· Must obtain current tuberculosis test within the first fourteen (14) days of employment and on an annual basis thereafter.
Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or, obtain within thirty (30) days of hire