The Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring that a clean and sanitary environment is maintained throughout the building, in addition to ensuring that laundry is clean, sanitized and PAR levels are accurate.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures the cleaning and maintenance of a specific area of the facility as assigned by the Director of Plant Operations.
• Ensures learning the cleaning and maintenance of the other areas of the facility.
• Demonstrates knowledge of cleaning chemicals and the proper use for each chemical.
• Ensures that chemicals are properly labeled.
• Ensures that cleaning cart is properly cleaned.
• Ensures that chemical are properly locked up and secured.
• Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling in order to meet the staffing needs of the department.
• Ensures transport of soiled linen using the proper techniques to prevent contamination.
• Ensures the proper use of all designated housekeeping equipment, i.e., vacuum cleaners, buffer, carpet machine.
• Cleans floors to include dust mopping, damp mopping, stripping, buffing, sanitizing, waxing, and disinfecting.
• Cleans carpet or rug areas to include vacuuming, detailing edges, shampooing, extracting, and bonnet buffing.
• Changes curtains and drapes as needed.
• Assist in moving furniture and equipment
• Cleans lights, vents, walls, and windows.
• Assists with general cleaning duties, which may include but not limited to resident rooms, offices, public areas, waiting rooms, etc.
• Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in the moving and lifting of supplies and equipment.
• Utilizes appropriate precautions in the use of all chemical to minimize potential for exposure of self and the environment.
• Cleans and properly stores equipment and supplies at the end of the shift.
• Communicates effectively verbally and in writing to fulfill position and responsibilities.
• Checks email/webmail during scheduled shift.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
• At least one year experience in housekeeping or laundry preferred.
• None Required